I am pleased to say the free pdf version of the OpenQuest 3rd Edition Quick-Start, the Lost Outpost is now available.
This pdf is designed to get players and Referees up and playing OpenQuest, with the minimum of preparation.
It contains the following sections.
- Characters. A rundown of what an OpenQuest character is made up of, both in terms of numbers and concepts.
- Quick Rules. A concise version of the OpenQuest rules, enough to play the adventure.
- Combat. The rules for physical combat.
- Magic. The basic approach to magic, known as Personal Magic.
- The Lost Outpost. An introductory adventure set in OpenQuest’s example setting, the Empire of Gatan.
- A set of six pre-made characters. Players should pick one and get ready to play.
Here’s the cover by Jonny Gray.