Want a 5th Ed D&D scenario from the gritty Brit School of module writing? Then check out this Kickstarter to fund an adventure called “The Last Prayer of the Dying” for 5E. I’ve backed it since artist Jonny Gray has done various bits for D101 over the years, plus the premise sounds right up my street. Kickstarter is already funded with multiple streatch goals and ends this Saturday.
The Last Prayer Of The Dying is an adventure module for 5E (5th edition fantasy roleplaying game). For 1st level PCs
Module Synopsis The party are travelling to the new frontier to help return an ancient Duchy to its former glory. A chance encounter with the legendary ‘Arisen Knight’, a very old hero, sets them on a path to adventure. Like most published scenarios there are some railroad parts, but enough choice to provide the feel of a sandbox
The publication will be about 80 pages in size. It includes:
- A brief gazetteer of Keranow, the Duchy where the adventure takes place.(Size of 3-8 pages)
- 10 wilderness encounters to get a feel for the setting.
- A small settlement in the wilderness frontier lands.
- Three dungeons (each about a dozen locations). A) The tomb of a mythical knight, now infiltrated by despoiling fey priestesses; B) An old dwarven fort used by hobgoblins who have been driven to the edge of despair by the alluring voice of a bloodrose witch; C) The scheming feys base of operations, from which they seek to begin a reign of chaos and insanity over the newly re-established Duchy of Keranow.
- 8-12 quarter page pieces of high quality art (some of which is shown on the Project front page)
- The PCs should start at 1st level and be 4th by the end of this adventure
- An adventure outside the axis of good versus evil: betrayal, treachery, duty and the consequences of choice.